The purpose of this memorandum is to invite the Prichard City Council to a special call meeting on Monday, 16 March 2020 at 4:00 PM. The meeting will be held at the A.J. Cooper Municipal Complex in the Strategy Room. (Note: a conference call number will be made available for attendees who prefer to join remotely).
The purpose of this special call meeting is to:
- Consider the impact of Governor Ivey’s declaration to close K-12 public schools at the end of the business day on Wednesday, 18 March 2020.
- Consider declaring a local state of emergency.
- Consider directing non-essential city employees to work remotely to the extent possible.
- Consider directing the closure of City of Prichard buildings and grounds (e.g., City Hall, library, senior citizens facility, etc.).
- Consider modifying, canceling, or rescheduling any City of Prichard meetings, until the local state of emergency is lifted.
- Consider partnering with entities that service local residents to encourage the adoption of citizen-friendly policies (e.g., Prichard Housing Authority, Prichard Water Works & Sewer, Alabama Power, Spire, etc.).
- Consider coordinating with educational institutions that service our local footprint (e.g., Mobile County Public School System, private and parochial schools located in Prichard, University of Mobile, etc.).
- Consider any additional actions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.