Alabama Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Resources
Note: The content on this webpage was obtained from the Alabama Department of Public Health. The original content may be accessed via the below hyperlink.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
For Healthcare Providers
For information on evaluating patients for COVID-19, visit COVID-19 Resources for Healthcare Providers.
Call the Alabama COVID-19 24/7 hotline at 1-888-264-2256 for testing sites and hours of operation.
For more information on testing for COVID-19, visit COVID-19 Testing. If you recently traveled to one of these affected geographic areas within the last 14 days, visit COVID-19 Resources for Travelers.
In December 2019, a new (or novel) human coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) type emerged in China. At this time, it’s unclear how easily this virus is spreading between people. Patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath appearing anywhere from 2 to 14 days after exposure. Learn more about coronaviruses, how they present, and how they are tested by visiting Human Coronaviruses.
This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) and the CDC are providing updated information and guidance as it becomes available.
You can find updated numbers on persons under investigation and confirmed COVID-19 cases in the U.S. from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For more information on testing in Alabama, visit COVID-19 Testing.
Resources from the ADPH
- COVID-19-Related Emergency Orders of State Agencies
- Message from the State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris (03/03/20)
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) News Conferences
- ADPH News Releases
- ALERT HAN Messages
- Bureau of Communicable Disease (BCD) News Releases
- Alabama Dental Treatment Protocol
- Pandemic Education, Planning, and Preparedness
- Print Materials Available for Download:
– Handwashing Poster
– “Do Not Enter If You Think You Have The New Coronavirus” Poster
– “Attention Patients” – Travel Outside of the U.S. Posters: English | Chinese | Spanish
– Stop the Spread of Germs Flyer
– Share Facts About COVID-19 Flyer
Resources and Updates from CDC
For the latest on COVID-19, visit the CDC Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) website.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary
- Check and Record Everyday (CARE) Booklet (For Self-Monitoring)
- Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe
- Information for the General Public
- Information for People at Higher Risk and Special Populations
- Information for Businesses and Employers
- Information for Healthcare Providers
- Information for Health Departments (State, Local, Territorial and Tribal)
- Information for Healthcare Facilities, including Long-Term Care Facilities
- Information for Schools and Childcare Settings
- Information for Institutions of Higher Education
- Information for Laboratories
- Information for Community- and Faith-Based Leaders
- Information for Airlines and Airline Crew
- Information for Cargo and Cruise Ships
- Information for Patients with Pets During Home Care and Isolation
- Considerations for School Closures
- FAQs on COVID-19 and Pets
- Handouts and Posters for Download
Resources from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
For guidance for healthcare facilities, including but not limited to, nursing homes, hospice facilities, dialysis facilities, home health agencies, and for use of industrial respirators, visit the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Coronavirus 2019-nCoV Global Case GIS Dashboard by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- World Health Organization (WHO) Advice for the Public: Myth Busters
- World Health Organization (WHO) Advice for the Public: When and How to Use Masks
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency List of Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College Health Association (ACHA) Brief on 2019 Novel Coronavirus: What Campuses Need to Know
- Information for Funeral Directors and Coroners
- Marine Safety Information Bulletins from the U.S. Coast Guard
- For Veterinarians: The New Coronavirus and Companion Animals
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)