Prichard, Alabama – July 6, 2020: Mayor Jimmie Gardner updates residents about the progress of the Mobile County ‘Pay As You Go’ resurfacing project across Prichard. and the plan for the next two weeks.
This phase of the project begins at the corner of Bellcase/Highpoint Boulevard and Lott Road. The schedule will proceed as follows:
1. Thursday, 7/2 – Patching on Bellcase (from Hwy 45 to Lott Road)
2. Monday, 7/6 – Patching on Bellcase (from Hwy 45 to Lott Road)
3. Tuesday, 7/7 – Resurfacing starting at Hwy 45, proceed towards Bear Fork Road)
4. Wednesday, 7/8 – Resurfacing
5. Thursday, 7/9 – Resurfacing
6. Friday, 7/10 – Resurfacing
7. Monday, 7/13 – Resurfacing Lott Road intersection
8. Tuesday, 7/14 – Resurfacing remaining Side Roads/Driveways
9. Wednesday, 7/15 – Topsoiling and sodding
10. Saturday, 8/1 – Painting permanent stripes
Temporary pavement markings will be placed as the work proceeds down the roads.
“This project serves to both beautify the community and bring needed maintenance to areas in need. It is in direct response to our citizens’ inquiries and requests that these areas have been prioritized, and it is my hope that this work will bring a heightened sense of satisfaction with the improved conditions of these roadways,” Mayor Gardner said.
“Additional information about other maintenance and beautification projects will be shared in the near future on our road to creating a more welcoming environment for Prichard residents, businesses, and the surrounding communities.”
The Mayor welcomes the media to join him this morning – Monday, 7/6/20 – at 9 a.m. at the corner of Bellcase/Highpoint Boulevard and Lott Road to share more information about this project.
Please contact the Office of the Mayor with additional questions or for an interview via email at email@example.com or call the office at (251) 452-7800, extension 8.