The mission of the Prichard Municipal Court Division and magistrates is to protect and preserve the rights and liberties of all people, as guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States, the State of Alabama, and the ordinances of the City of Prichard. Our charge is to provide citizens a fair, independent, and accessible forum regarding misdemeanors, city ordinance violations, and traffic offenses committed within city limits. The Judiciary’s primary goal is to handle legal affairs in a just and timely manner. Typically, most solutions will result in an economic resolution.
Court Schedule and Locations:
- Municipal Court is held three times a week.
- Traffic, environmental, and criminal cases are adjudicated in the Court Room at the A. J. Cooper Municipal Complex, located at 216 East Prichard Avenue, Prichard, Alabama 36610.
- Unless otherwise notified, Traffic Court is held each Monday at 9:00a.m.; Environmental Court is scheduled each Tuesday at 2:00 p.m.; and Criminal Court is held each Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- The Prichard Municipal Court does not handle felony cases. All felony cases that occur in Prichard are adjudicated in Mobile County and heard at Government Plaza.
- In most cases, Bond Hearings are held each Friday at 9:00 a.m.
The Prichard Municipal Court Division, magistrates and clerk are proud to serve our Mayor and the citizens of this great city. We are constantly striving to perform our jobs at a superior level; however, if we fall short, please let us know.